National Treatment Purchase Fund (NTPF)
About the NTPF
The NTPF is a corporate body with functions and responsibilities as set out under Statutory Instrument 179 – National Treatment Purchase Fund (Establishment) Order, 2004 and the Nursing Homes Support Scheme Act (2009).
Its key functions are:
- Arranging for the provision of hospital treatment to classes of persons determined by the Minister;
- Collecting, collating and validating information on persons waiting for public hospital treatment;
- Agreeing pricing arrangements with private & voluntary nursing homes under the Nursing Homes Support Scheme
- Furnishing advice to the Minister for Health on related issues
- Performing any other function assigned by the Minister for Health, since July 2012 this includes responsibility for the publication of outpatient waiting lists
In carrying out its functions, the NTPF works closely with the Department of Health, the HSE, acute public hospitals and private nursing homes across the health system.
You can find out more information here